|Please note that the Districtís current website is undergoing major construction and will be completely updated very shortly.†In the meantime, if the format of any material on the Districtís current website interferes with your ability to access information and you require an accommodation, please contact Kaitlyn Sassone, Director of Technology, at 914-967-6100 x6211.† To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the Web address of the requested material, and your contact information.†Further, if you would like to file a complaint concerning the accessibility of the Districtís website, information and a complaint form can be found†here†or you can contact Kaitlyn Sassone, Director of Technology, at 914-967-6100 for further information.†|
Rye Middle School (RMS) offers a rich learning environment that supports the academic performance, personal development and social growth of over 750 students in grades†6 - 8 in Rye, NY.† The schoolís organization, curriculum, pedagogy and programs are based on the developmental readiness, needs and interests of our students.
RMS administration, faculty and staff are committed to a comprehensive, shared vision of a school culture that includes:
- Educators who value working with this age group and are prepared to do so
- Courageous, collaborative leadership
- A shared vision that guides decisions
- An inviting, supportive, and safe environment
- High expectations for every member of the learning community
- Students and teachers engaged in active learning
- Adult advocates for every student
- Curriculum that is relevant, challenging, integretive and exploratory
- Multiple learning and teaching approaches that respond to their diversity
- Assessment and evaluations programs that promote quality learning
- Organizational structures that support meaningful relationships and learning
- School-wide efforts and policies that foster health, wellness, and safety
- Multifaceted guidance and support services *
In addition to the challenging academic programs and the rich array of electives, RMS offers a broad range of after school clubs and intramural sports.
RMS appreciates the partnership it has with the Parent Organization and is grateful for the support it provides, from funding programs to parents volunteering time at special events.
Thank you for visiting our home page.† Please explore our website for a more complete profile of our school.
* This We Believe:† Keys to Educating Your Adolescents (NMSA 2010)