2013-14 Budget Newsletter
Email email@example.com with questions and comments regarding the budget.
District Response to 3-19-13 Open Topics Forum (posted 4/15/13)
2013-14 School District Calendar (approved 2/26/13)
As a result of the days lost due to Hurricane Sandy, the 2012-13 district calendar has been amended. RHS, RMS and Midland School will conclude on 6/20/13 (no change for students from current calendar). Staff will return 6/21, 6/24, and 6/25 for Superintendent's Conference Days. Milton and Osborn Schools will conclude on 6/24/13. Staff will return on 6/25, 6/26 and 6/27 for Superintendent's Conference Days. If it is necessary to use additional emergency days, schools will be open March 27 and 28. March 28 would be the first day used, and March 27 would be the second, if needed.
Revised Board of Education Meeting Schedule: The Board of Education meeting originally scheduled for October 9 was moved to October 2, and the meeting originally scheduled for May 14 has been moved to May 21.
RMS administration, faculty and staff are committed to a comprehensive, shared vision of a school culture that includes:
- Educators who value working with this age group and are prepared to do so
- Courageous, collaborative leadership
- A shared vision that guides decisions
- An inviting, supportive, and safe environment
- High expectations for every member of the learning community
- Students and teachers engaged in active learning
- Adult advocates for every student
- Curriculum that is relevant, challenging, integretive and exploratory
- Multiple learning and teaching approaches that respond to their diversity
- Assessment and evaluations programs that promote quality learning
- Organizational structures that support meaningful relationships and learning
- School-wide efforts and policies that foster health, wellness, and safety
- Multifaceted guidance and support services *
In addition to the challenging academic programs and the rich array of electives, RMS offers a broad range of after school clubs and intramural sports.
RMS appreciates the partnership it has with the Parent Organization and is grateful for the support it provides, from funding programs to parents volunteering time at special events.
Thank you for visiting our home page. Please explore our website for a more complete profile of our school.
* This We Believe: Keys to Educating Your Adolescents (NMSA 2010)